The DO’S & DON’T:
Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure
Avoid facials or waxing for 2-4 days before your session as they can cause redness or blotchiness
For some people it helps to bring a little white wine or champagne to their session to help them loosen up and relax. However, don’t overdo the alcohol--
Photoshop can’t fix droopy eyelids and bloodshot eyes! ***AND ALWAYS HAVE A DRIVER, IF YOU PLAN ON DRINKING. BETHANY LEIGH PHOTOGRAPHY, LLC & AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES/ACCIDENTS WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE.
Shave and exfoliate the day before.
We want you to feel completely comfortable on your shoot. With that in mind, it is truly up to you with how much or how little skin you show. We love for our shoots to show our client’s personality, so feel free to bring something special as well as props. If there’s one piece of advice I can give you regarding how to prepare for a boudoir shoot, it’s this: don't be afraid to have fun!
We usually start out shooting with a little more clothing. As you become more comfortable, we can work our way through your outfit choices. Feel free to bring lots of your favorite outfits and we’ll pick out the best for the shoot.
Bra and Undies
Most importantly, bring at least one bra and undies set. Start with basic black and then add colors and patterns. Bras and undies can be photographed alone or paired with any of the other clothing items or accessories you bring. They are also helpful when setting up implied nude poses. (Consider high waisted undies shapewear and/or corset belt, if tummy is area of concern.)
A bodysuit, vintage slip, teddy , shapewear and/or camisole always photographs well. High wasted undies, Thigh high stockings, a garter belt, and heels are super sexy too. We have built our studio to work with all colors as well as various patterns and fabrics. Start simple and grow more extreme from there. Think about what colors look good on you.
Everyday clothing such as sheer tops, jeans, can look cute and sexy if photographed properly. A simple white tank top or cami can be super cute! If this is a gift for your partner then bring something from his wardrobe. This can be one of his favorite ties, or a button down shirt. Anything that makes the images more personal and sexy to him! It also adds variety to your collection of outfits and will look great in the final book.
You can easily modify the look of your outfit by changing your accessories and moving to a new background. Accessories include jewelry, scarves, hats, stilettos, stockings, garter belts, etc.
If you have any other questions about what to bring or how to prepare for a boudoir shoot, please let us know and we will be happy to help
- DO cut out all tags from your lingerie and launder instructions inside the garment.
- DO invest in at least one cute bra/undies set (black is a great option) that makes you feel super sexy and fits your body type. (Consider high waisted undies, corset belt, or bodysuit options if tummy is area of concern.)
- Plus size recommendations DO: high waisted undies, underbust waist cincher corset garter belt, and/or bodysuits . Pair with off the shoulder cardigan, button down shirt or lace robe.
- DO practice posing in the mirror. Find your best angles.
- DO consider normal clothing if you’re nervous about being too revealing, such as off the shoulder t-shirts, oversized sweaters, undies, button up’s and long socks.
- DO remember that sometimes no outfit can be the best outfit.
- DO load up on accessories: fishnets or sheer black hose, and cute shoes! High heels are a nice way to extend the length of your legs.
- DON’T wear anything that is too small and digs into your skin or creates the dreaded “muffin top.”
- DON’T feel like you have to drop a ton of money on new items for your shoot. Although it can be nice to have one really elaborate piece of lingerie, we can create stunning images with the items you already have in your closet and affordable pieces from amazon.
- DON’T include - loose & flowy, corsets, busy patterns, neon colors and costumes.
And lastly, DON’T compare yourself to other, you are a queen so rock that crown!